Builders FirstSource Sales Intern in Kennesaw, Georgia
Atlanta Birmingham Sales Admin - 2600 Summers Street (30144), Kennesaw, Georgia, United States of AmericaReq #7255
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Builders FirstSource is the largest supplier of building products, prefabricated components, and value-added services to the professional market segment, primarily for new residential construction and repair and remodeling, in the U.S.
We provide customers an integrated homebuilding solution, offering manufacturing, supply, delivery and installation for a full range of structural and related building products. We operate in 40 states with approximately 400 locations and have a market presence in 74 of the top 100 Metropolitan Statistical Areas, providing geographic diversity and balanced end market exposure.
We service customers from strategically located distribution facilities and manufacturing facilities, that produce value-added products such as roof and floor trusses, wall panels, stairs, vinyl windows, custom millwork and pre-hung doors. Builders FirstSource also distributes dimensional lumber and lumber sheet goods, millwork, windows, interior and exterior doors, and other building products.
Sales interns will dive into the industry by assisting our team of sales coordinators, inside sales reps, outside sales reps, and product specialists in promoting and selling our products and services.
• Learn and explore the products and services offered by Builders FirstSource
• May be assigned various inside sales/counter responsibilities, including but not limited to, answering phone, taking orders, and other responsibilities.
• Accompanies Outside Sales Reps on customer calls to become familiar with effective sales and customer service techniques.
• May receive training in various areas such as: yard operations, production, dispatch/scheduling/delivery, and inside sales
• May receive training in outside sales responsibilities including but not limited to, performing take offs, taking and processing orders, obtaining signatures on tickets, making sales calls to new and existing customers.
• Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injuries or damage.
• Additional duties as assigned by supervisor/ mentor
• Strong customer service skills both face-to-face and telephone
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid interpersonal skills, including tact and influencing with internal and external contacts
• Strong computer aptitude
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Atlanta Birmingham Sales Admin - 2600 Summers Street (30144), Kennesaw, Georgia, United States of America