Builders FirstSource Human Resources Assistant in Denver, Colorado
Human Resources Assistant
Denver Admin Office - 7595 Technology Way (80237), Denver, Colorado, United States of AmericaReq #11462
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Supports the daily operations of the Human Resources department by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Records employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason.
• Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities.
• Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
• Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
• Compiles data from personnel records.
• Compiles and maintains records for use in employee benefits administration.
• Administers applicant screening and tracking. Prepares job requisitions, reviews and sorts resumes, and forwards resumes to hiring managers. Schedules interviews, prepares offer letters, and schedules drug screenings. May be required to interview candidates.
• Answers routine questions related to personnel administration.
• Conducts new hire orientation, including coordinating completion of new hire paperwork and forwards information to the Service Center for input.
• Coordinates or assists in the communication and enrollment of benefit programs.
• Assists with internal job posting procedures and responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• One to three months related experience and/or training;
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Denver Admin Office - 7595 Technology Way (80237), Denver, Colorado, United States of America